Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone,

Another UK based Fuji user for you.

I have used Fujifilm cameras for several years. In 2013 I was diagnosed with PTSD following military service in the RAF, and as a way of alleviating some of the symptoms, I threw myself into photography big time.

Unfortunately, Fuji no longer had a DSLR for me to buy, so I went to the dark side.............Nikon!

However, two weeks ago, I took the plunge, and after much homework and stress I returned to Fuji, selling ALL my Nikon DSLR kit, and Tamron lenses, and I bought the fantastic X-T2.

I love it, and it will get more use than any camera, Fuji or not, that I have used before. All I need now is the 35mm F2.................it's on my list.

I look forward to chatting with you all, and learning more as time goes on.

Thanks guys.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to you all, I was on the previous Fuji X Forum but my login details don't work for this one, I have been absent for some while due to illness and I seem to have missed a lot of what is going on! I will put what equipment I use in my signature. 

I am in NSW Australia on the Mid North Coast, I shoot exclusively with Fuji now but previously with Nikon. It was a good move and I probably have all the lenses and equipment that I need.

My main interest is Landscape/seascape, the night sky, birds and macro, I kept my Tamron 90mm and Sigma 180mm from the Nikon system and use a Metabones adaptor on the Fuji.

I look forward to meeting you all in the forums and viewing your work.

Margaret

Hi, I  am Daniela from Rome, Italy but live in the UK.  I started my photography with a little fuji S5pro and followed up with a Nikon D300S  which I still have. I have now just bought myself a fuji x-T2 with a kit lens (more lenses to follow) as my Nikon DSLR has become a bit too heavy to take with me on my travels at cause of  health problems. So I am back to Fuji which I do love as it is light to carry.

Unfortunately the new camera its a bit complicated and did not come with a user info booklet, I have now just managed to download one and will start the learning process.

I do Stock photography for Getty Images and other agencies like Alamy, Dreamstime etc. I also enjoy travel , architectural , nature and wildlife photography.  I have taken the T2 on her first trip to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro with two 32gb SD cards. Alas at the end of the journey the first card started to display reader error so I switched to the second card. When at home I tried to download the images to my PC but  the first  card tells me to format the card (i am not stupid so im not doing that as I will loose all the images, that I can still see are definitely there on playback). I have obviously done something wrong. The second card downloaded without any problems.

What can I do now to retrieve all my work? At the suggestion of a friend I downloaded the Fuji remote app on my iphone but have not managed to connect to the camera . What else can I do? The camera came without leads so I cannot connect her directly to the pc.  I hope that you will forgive me my ignorance, I am a newby with this camera and i am trying to learn the ropes.

Any help /advice appreciated

D White

Hi Daniela, if the card is a Sandisk, there is recovery software that you can download to recover your files, https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4985/~/data-recovery-for-memory-cards-and-flash-drives. Hope this helps.

Margaret

David T here, bought a used XM-1 last year and just recently added a second (!) lens, the affordable XC 50-230 zoom.

I'm pretty active on instagram, shooting on there almost exclusively with iPhones over the years, but that re-ignited my love for photography, so I searched for an affordable way to up my game and landed on Fujifilm! Back in the day, I shot Canon AE-1 and have had several other Canon cameras since then, but I am really enjoying this new-to-me mirrorless world!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by DavidPT

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm in the UK and have had a fujifilm camera of one sort or another since about 2000; also shoot Fujifilm in my film cameras (Olympus OM-1 and Pentax SV) for colour work.

Been shooting an X100T for a little while; so impressed that come time to upgrade my old faithful Nikon D300S, the XT-2 was the obvious choice.  X100T goes almost everywhere with me but sometimes i just need a longer / zoom lens and I generally prefer the SLR-style viewfinder (mostly use the EVF on X100T).

Got a bunch of lenses to go with it and impressed with build quality and image quality so far! (despite one or two small issues).  Generally prefer prime lenses but have gone for a couple of the f2.8 zooms to try something different this time.

Generally shoot a range of subjects but mostly portraits, although have done some oddball projects that have been a lot of fun.  Not looking to set the world on fire but to make some great images for myself.

Wanting to get the most out of the sensor, as I find the files a little different to work with compared to the older 16mp in the X100T, so have joined up mostly to spy what others are up to!

Hi All...My name is Mark from Michigan USA.  I am a wedding and portrait photographer using Nikon equipment for many years. I recently purchased a Fuji Xt-1 and looking at the Xt-2.  Also got a 35mm f1.4 and the kit lens that came with the XT-1.  Don't know about the flashes yet but my search telling me the Nissin flashes are okay and I just found out that Godox will be coming out with flashes for Fuji soon.  I am now playing with it  and exploring them...who knows....I might make a switch once confirm good flashes to use on my weddings and try the right lenses.  looking forward to gain more knowledge about Fuji x system.   Oh...I sold the Sony A7 and Sony A6000 after few months of playing with hem.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am from Melbourne but work in different countries every few years.

Been a user of Fuji for quite a while now, Started with the Xe, then Xt1 and not the Xt1 and Xpro2. I dropped my Canon system for the size and weight savings and quality of Fuji Cameras and lenses. I still gave one other camera system which I use in conjunction with the Fuji system.

I currently have 10-24, 18-55, 18-135, 50-140, 100-400, 23 F2 Graphite, 1.4X converter. Sold my 23mm F1.4, 56mm F1.2, 35mm F2, 50-200mm as I was not using them enough. They are all superb lenses.

I am into almost every genre of photography. Street photography, Landscape, Travel, People, Portraits, Night Photography, Nature, Macro, Creative etc etc.

Hope to meet, learn and share with other Fuji users in this forum.

Regards Everyone 

Hi,

I come from the western part of Norway.

2 years ago after having read good stuff about the X-Pro 2, I decided to try it out. I have been shooting Nikon for about 10 years, and extremely happy about that brand. The reason I took the plunge, was the weight of the Nikon gear.

Now, 2 years on, I am extremely happy about my move, although I still have my Nikon gear, I only use the Fujis´.

I have the X-Pro 2, the XT-2 and also the X-E1 which I got cheap secondhand.

I love the size, the EV and that you will see the exposure changes as prior to shooting. Not super happy about the autofocus when I first entered the Fuji realm, but now after updating the cameras and the lenses  to the latest firmware - it is a very different story. I love that Fujifilm keeps updating older cameras as well as the new ones.

I did a vlog attempt the other day with the XT-2 and 56 mm at 1.2 with eye detection - impressed !!!!!!!!!!!

My wish is that Fujifilm takes a new look into updating the Remote software. I played around with it today - works fine on my Huawei Mate 9 Pro, but could not for the life of me connect with the Ipad Pro.  That being said, I run the IOS 11 beta 4 - maybe that is the issue !!!

I own the 35mm F2, the 56 mm 1.2, the 50-140mm and the 10-24mm.

All being said - I am very happy about the transitition :-)

Tore

PS Attaching a photo taken from the beach where I live

Hello my name is Andrew and Im from Cardiff in South Wales.

Been in the photographic trade for over 25 years.

Ive been using Nikon SLRS for over 20 years and Pentax before that.

I still use Nikon but last year I purchased an X-E1 with 18-55 f2.8-4 and loved it, producing some lovely images.

For some unknown reason (which I regret now) I sold the 18-55 and got the 35mm f2 WR which is fantastic but I miss the flexibility of the 18-55.

A few weeks ago my daughter used the X-E1 and loved it and photographed a large percentage of her A-Level Photography work with it.

A little while ago I got an X-E2 and sold the X-E1 and the difference was quite marked.

I use a few old Pentax and Helios lenses and my current Nikon AFS lenses with it.

Im still not sold on the EVF as it can be very difficult to see in bright daylight. I would very much like an X-Pro2.

This image is typical of my work with the X-E2 and the Samyang 14mm f2.8

Edited by Andyphotography

Howdy all

I've been lurking for well over a year now and regularly read stuff here. I taught in Asia in the past and had done a bit of freelancing (writing and photography) on the side when i was there. Must admit I had/have much more gear than skill at times. I used to have Minolta (9xi), Olympus (OM-4) and Canon (D)SLRs and still have a bunch of Nikon stuff that mostly sits in a drawer but needed to cut the weight down and have been getting into Fuji. This site, and the rumors page, have been invaluable in keeping up with Fuji news. learned a lot and have tons more to learn as well. I've just started using X-T2 this year is the new and had it for some walking/hiking stuff...Camino Santiago in Spain and White Mountain in NH. Mostly into handheld /available light photography at the moment. Much easier to carry the Fuji gear than the previous SLRs/lenses I've had. I do wish the X20/X30 series hadn't died out, though. The X20 I had has gotten the odd lens error issue but is fun to use.

Currently have the following: X20, X-T2, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 16f1.4, 23f2, 35f2 plus some bits and pieces like the MCEX-11. 

I have a small Instagram page that also links to the (for now) personal website and a book or two. I'll probably read more than post but did want to sign up so as to view more of the pics at this site.

Richard

https://www.instagram.com/ric_humphries

Hello folks. My name's Marnie and I live in south-eastern Australia. I was a longtime Canon shooter, but dragging around a heap of heavy gear overseas started me thinking of options. A friend introduced me to Fuji, I bought an X-T1 with 18-135, 35 1.4 and 27mm lenses. Made the swap and have never regretted doing so. Only things I miss from the Canon 7Dii are the excellent bracketing and their Q-screen which I found simpler to use than the X-T1 equivalent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the world of Fujifilm and just recent purchased an  XT1.  I do mostly concert photography and just recently brought the XT1 to a couple of concert gigs and let's just say the D600 remained in the camera bag most of the time.  I was very happy with the lowlight performance of this camera and will be bringing it along to more gigs! 

I just acquired (about two weeks ago) an XT-20 with the 18-55 lens and am looking to get back into more serious photography.  I prefer a lighter camera and the XT-20 fit the bill over the XT-2 because of the price differential and the overall size.  

I am recently semi retired and have the time to re-invigorate my photography hobby, which I intend to do.

Hello,

My name is Renaud from France.

I have been a Nikon User since 1989. My first serious shots were when I moved to  England to get my degree in 1992-1993.

My first fuji camera is a used x pro-1 that I use at the moment  with my nikkor prime lenses.

I also use a Bronica sq equipement ans a Toyo 5x4 camera.

I still print my own negatives in a darkroom.

X pro -1 seems to me a way to shoot with an affordable " leica like " camera .

Hi, my name is Massimo and I live in Rome since 54 years  :( !!

Last July I decided to go with a different way to take photo after many years of Nikon (FM2, D90, D7100, together with several lens).

I was very happy to start with a X-Pro2 plus 35 f/2 and 23 f/2 and for the moment I won't sell my Nikon set.

I love to take photo during my summer trip and to organize, use Lightroom and print them during the winter time.

I'm very proud to introduce myself in this forum. ;) 

See you! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im Photobob,

Retired pro photographer 1990's and retired from my other business in 2016.

My wife and I just became "FullTimers" in our 30' Class "A" motorhome.

I just adopted the Fujifilm X-T2 and am building a basic system to replace my Pentax K-3 and those heavy DA* lenses.

I was a Pentax shooter since film days but could no longer carry the load.

I chose Fujifilm over the Sony 6500 because of build quality and the overall performance of the lenses.

I have reclaimed my amateur status and photograph almost everything. I shoot what catches my eye.

Since my wife likes to travel, most of my images, of late, have been of distant places.

I have done fairly well in international photo competitions, but I don't consider myself an artist. Just one who seizes visual opportunities. 

Looking forward to learning & sharing with other Fujifilm users.

Bob 

Well- I’ve bitten the bullet this week. The Nikon D7100 has gone, as have several lenses, flash etc. In its place is a Fuji X-T20 with XF 18-55 and XF 35mm f2 lenses.

I was very tempted by the X-T2 and also with both XF 16-55 and XF18-135 lenses- in some ways the X-T 2 is better handling. However with these options you start getting back to a sizeable piece of kit- which rather defeats the object of the exercise.

I’ve kept my Nikon 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 lenses - they work with my Nikon FE and I can get an adapter to allow them to work with the Fuji. That should keep me going until I can afford the (rather tasty) XF 90mm.

Really looking forward to being part of the Fuji community...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Thea. Although I have been taking photographs for many years, starting out on film, I have only just acquired a Fujifilm X100F, a camera I’ve wanted ever since it first came out. It is very different from anything else I’ve ever used and I feel like a complete novice all over again. I want to use the manual mode but am finding it difficult to get the focus spot on so any hints on the subject would be extremely welcome. Thanks, and looking forward to scrolling through some of your photos.