frame lines needed on X-T1 EVF, histogram backgrounds

DenniK

From using my Fuji X-T1 for a short time I have realized that there are a couple of things Fuji could and should implement immediately in all its EVF cameras.  

Problem 1: - shooting in dark/night situations where when shooting with optical view cameras in low light environments it's usually easy to see the edges of the frame and compose your shot appropriately.  Not so with Fuji EVF's where black/dark background areas near the edge of the frame are rendered the same as the non-image portions outside the frame, thus making it impossible to precisely judge where your subject is relative to edge of the frame. Thus, even though you have a 100% view,  hi-brightness subjects against a dark background shot in a fast-paced action environment can get off-centered easily

Solution 1: is simple. Fuji needs to add a "white frame" mode in its EVF display setting where the frame edge is outlined in white/gray or color by user option. This would eliminate the framing problem described above and would greatly facilitate shooting of rapidly moving subjects. 

Problem 2: - in a similar fashion, grid line display is now rendered in black and thus leaves the potential that you can see grid placement of light subjects over large dark background. 

Solution2 : grid display should be changed so that the photographer can select briteline grid display per idea 1. 

Problem 3: - live histogram is a fantastic tool which nonetheless suffers from a problem similar to the above: that is, when shooting with the histogram overlaying a dark area in the view, you see only the histogram but not where it is relative to the edges. Thus, you can think you are shooting a great histogram when actually it's way over or under exposed. 

Solution 3: provide a histogram options where the background of the graph is filled in white (not transparent) thus allowing you to get a more complete view of the histogram. 

ALL the above solutions could be implemented via firmware and more importantly, these fixes could immediately provide a vast improvement in user experience. 

Anyone out there whose experience echoes mine? 

Really only need solution 2.  If you could change the color of the grid, you wouldn't need a frame line.  I would personally hope they don't add anything else to the EVF.  I think it's perfect the way it is.

Just a rotation of your aperture ring will show you were your histogram looses information.  I've never experienced this problem because it's quite easy to tell when you're blowing your highlights or crushing your blacks even if you can't see the edge of your histogram.

If they change the histogram at all I'd have it remain in place when you half press your shutter.  That's the one thing that bugs me about the histogram.

For all the features I propose, I would have these as options so that you could turn on/off frame lines with a menu choice. People who want their EVF display with no frame lines could still have that option. And as i consider this even more, the people who could most benefit would be night and low light landscape shooters. 

And as far as turning the aperture ring to better see histogram - it that only applies to XF lenses with aperture rings and working in manual mode.