X-T1 is great, so I also got the X100T...but now I'm in doubt if this was the right choice...

netsrac

Hmmm...there it is...my X100T...and what should I say...still not sure if I like it...

Why?

I do have the X-T1 and while I mostly use it with the 16-55mm it's okay when traveling, but I was looking for something for daily use. An "always carry around camera". Maybe take picture in the street, sights around, but also by son playing and stuff like this - something where I currently tend to use the iPhone, but I want something better. Better image quality and a real camera. Everybody was talking about the X100T as the perfect tool. So I got one.

But there are some things which I really miss - I got used to the quick ISO dial on the X-T1. This now means going back into the menu's and select it. Also I'm not sure if I really like the OVF - when testing, I tend more to use the EVF. I don't see any real benefit over the OVF - only disadvantages that I see more than I actually capture. Maybe I already got used to the EVF. And the AF...yes, I wanna also shoot my son playing and there the FW4.0 updated gave me a lot to the X-T1. Using the X100T seems to me a step backwards now. Sure. real photographers use to manual focus but I'm lazy. I like to concentrate more on capturing the right moment then to worry about getting a sharp image.

So here I am...

I know, there was a recent article on Fujilove about the X100T .vs. X-T10. But one thing is for sure, I won't buy an X-T10 now, because I have the X-T1.

What would be your reasons to keep the X100T? I know, there are a lot of people having both, the X-T1 and the X100T. Why do you have both? What where the reason to get them? After you used them for a while. Which is your favorite? Would you still get both? Can we expect a similar AF upgrade for the X100T?

Thanks for your help....

Those are quite different cameras and while doing the same thing, they don't do it the same way.

The X100T is a range finder camera, the OVF is there for those who prefer to use that. EVF, while good on the X-T1 is still in its infancy. The shutter lag for example is extra annoying when not used to it. Both has advantages and inconvenience.

The OVF for example will only draw a very marginal amount of power toward it, leaving your camera with tons of juice to take pictures, the X-T1 can last around 350ish shots, I have heard about some shooters reaching the 500 shots. The X100T can do 700 shots.

I am heavily considering the X100T camera mostly because, a second hand one, cost the price of the XF 23mm F1.4 prime. It would serve me as a back up camera and about a stop less in light but same focal length.

It's really hard to deny the X100T being small. X-T1 with XF 27mm does come close, but you are losing a bit on the focal length and lose also a stop of light.

Personally, as everyday carry, my X-T1 with either my 18-55 or my 23 fits in my work bag.  I never leave home without it.  The 100 series never really lit my fire so I think I'll stick with the X-T1.  However, I will say back when I had my X-E1, that was one compact camera!

J

Okay...two people two totlally different feelings :-)

I recently went to a store and put the X100T and the X-T10 close together...well...and they are pretty close in size. So maybe I should think about adding the X-T10 with a 27mm lens...

Hmmm....questions....questions....questions :-)

I own both, they are different tools. The X100T is my carry everywhere camera, when I have time, I tend to take the X-T1 too. For shots that matter, I favour the X-T1. But the X100T is with me at times I wouldn't think of bringing the X-T1... And I never use the OVF anymore, the EVF is just far superior for most of my uses.

Okay...two people two totlally different feelings :-)

I recently went to a store and put the X100T and the X-T10 close together...well...and they are pretty close in size. So maybe I should think about adding the X-T10 with a 27mm lens...

Hmmm....questions....questions....questions :-)

Take your X100T and try shooting with it for a week and only that camera. At the end of week decide if you keep wanting to go back to your X-T1 or not. Forcing you to use only your least liked camera will help decide if it does actually grow on you or not at all.

I also agreed that if you have the X-T1 you shouldn't need to get the X-T10, maybe the X-E2 for a smaller comact camera that can still hold its own if you need something smaller/lighter, plus also, cheaper.

The 27mm lens is really good for something of that size, it's my second favorite lens tied with the 35mm. 

To each their own. I also rather disliked the X-Pro1 when I had it in my hands while it is also not a bad camera at all.

Hi have a T1, a couple of Pro 1's and the X100T with the two extension lenses.  I love them all.  But it's the X100T I take with me everywhere, and that I reach for just about every time I want a camera.  With the extension lenses it's a perfect little combo for travel and just about everything else.  The T1 is certainly a better camera, but I find I only use it when I want a focal length I don't have with the X100T, so something other than an 18, 23 or 50mm.  The X100T is so easy to use.  And it has some great features that I do find I use that are not on the T1 which have already been mentioned like the ND filter and leave shutter.  The X100T is completely silent.  I also like the rangefinder format, and also rarely use the OVF, the EVF is so good.  But most important, and I'm sure what affects my choice so much is that the X100T is simply such great fun to use.

I've never really understood why any XF ILC owners buy an X100* over one of the X-E/A/M series. I guess you've got to really want a compact 35mm equivalent? I wonder if we'll never see a 23mm pancake in order to protect X100 sales?

I don't think that they protect the sales of other cameras like Canikon.

Plus, any pancake lense would be at best at F2.8, that's a stop of light lost. It is a sacrifice I am perfectly willing to make but it doesn't mean everybody else woud do the same.